Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Droid thinks I'm talented

This one has to be my all-time favorite Droidism.

As you may know, I'm an avid Tweeter and Facebooker. I post as much as possible from my mobile phone, and that means as much as possible from my Droid.

One fine Sunday after I bought my Droid, I was in bed waiting for my better half to wake up, so I was, of course, browsing the social interwebs. I figured a quick Facebook update, some quick tweets, and then off to make coffee.

My intended FB status update was something like, "Bill is lazing in bed before getting a jump on a busy day."

Droid, Universe love him, gave me, "Bill is blazing in bed..."

I had no idea... until Droid starting buzzing with SMS responses made to my status. The first one came from that ever-entertaining kEnnyD, something about sheets being on fire, which drew a puzzled expression. Then one from a highschool classmate asking if I needed a cigarette.

At that point, I visited my Profile from Droid's Facebook app, but guess what? You can't delete status updates from the phone (no, not even with a "long touch", as inappropriate-sounding as that term might sound in this context). So I jumped out of bed, and ran down to the PC. Of all the times to take too long to boot, this would be a good time for my PC to oblige me, and unsurprisingly, it did.

By the time I got booted up, logged on, and logged into Facebook, it was too late to save any face. At least six early-morning, social networking addicts got in their very entertaining quips. It didn't stop me from deleting, for the first time ever, the only too-embarrassing Facebook status update I've published.

So, now, a few months later, I publish the whole episode here so that it may stand as a record of where Droid thinks my true talents lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment